Having Smooth skin is the dream of every girl. Even guys use a hell lot of beauty products to smoothen their skin (Trust me or visit your nearest men’s health parlor). But “Good” skin related beauty products are quite expensive, to be honest, and they are not natural at all. Now, I am a nature loving guy (Hope you all are), I like natural products, Organic things, you get my drift right? I am not against artificial beauty products but the major disadvantage of using these products is that you need to keep using it to get the result and keep spending money on them.
Forget artificial !! We are going natural
Alrighty then, here are 6 foods that make skin glow and fair and can actually reduce the signs of aging, make skin suppler, and banish breakouts and blemishes and trust me they work! (Are you listening? ladies)
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant, which helps you to protect your skin from harmful Ultraviolet rays. If you plan on spending any time in the sun this summer season, you might want to add more tomatoes to your diet to keep free radicals at bay. As well, cooking them produces higher levels of lycopene. Consequently, make an effort to include them in your chosen soups and sauces to get the most gain.
- Red bell peppers – These types of brightly colored veggies are extremely good for your skin. A cup of chopped red pepper gives you more than 100% of your dietary reference consumption of wrinkle-fighting vitamin C. According to UK Researchers, those who eat more vitamin C have less wrinkling and dryness.
- Blueberries – Particles like free radicals can harm skin cells and reduce collagen, making skin more wrinkle-prone. By consuming antioxidant-rich blueberries on regular basis, you can offset the free radical damage.
- Onions – Onions are basic food additives which flavor the food but do you know that onions are also rich in quercetin, an antioxidant that protects skin against wrinkles. Various studies concluded that it is capable of saving your skin from dangerous UV rays. So, Triple the number of onions on your shopping list.
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene, which produces vitamin A and Vitamin A increases cell turnover and protects the integrity of our skin. Retinoids, its derivatives, are found in many skin care products. So, it’s time to add this sweet, hearty veggie to your weekly meals.
- Pomegranate – My personal favorite. Pomegranate is loaded with vitamin C and contains more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. It will keep your skin looking bright and wrinkle-free and may even lessen your risk of skin cancer.
Note – There are many foods that make skin glow and fair, but I just mentioned 6 of them. I‘ll try to make another list. For the time being, consume these foods in huge amount to get awesome results.